Sunday, April 22, 2012

Joe's Review of "John Carter"

John Carter-a review
Starring Taylor Kitsch, Willem Dafoe and Lynn Collins; Director: Andrew Stanton
To start things off, let me just say that this movie was terrible, underrated but still terrible. Just the idea that a former civil war captain being magically transported to some random planet to fight aliens is quite frankly ridiculous. So let's begin with the actual review.

1.) Plot:  While it had the potential to be good, it was not.  It was extremely entertaining, but the fact that a Civil War soldier is abducted by aliens and then becomes the only hope for some oppressed alien civilization is just f****ing ridiculous and I can't abide it. That's about it.
Rank: 18/25


2.) Cinematography:  The special effects were badass.  That being said however, the actual cinematography was crap.  I have heard it said that "John Carter" was a "sleeper" but the simple fact of the matter is that it was so terrible that it made me sleep.  In fact, it probably awoke Soviet sleeper agents; hence "sleeper".  There were points in the movie that the camera was so far up Taylor Kitsch's ass that I could out of his freaking mouth.  Of course I'm just being facetious, but you get the point.  There were seriously points in the movie where I thought that the projector was malfunctioning, or somebody was shaking it(nobody was, I know because I complained), that's how bad it was.
Rank: 22/50


3.) Acting:  I won't go in depth because frankly I don't care unless it was phenomenal.


I was THIS high while filming 
  • Willem Dafoe:  Great, if you need an explanation, then you're an idiot.
  • Taylor Kitsch:  Good, although I preferred him in "Friday Night Lights".
  • Lynn Collings:  Okay: a little over-acted though.
Rank: 17/25... Willem Dafoe saved it, and he was an alien.
Total: 57/100
iMDB: 70/100
Metacritic: 51/100
Rotten Tomatoes 51/100
A Review by Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment