Monday, April 30, 2012

Joe's Most Hated Movie... Ever

City of Angels
(A Rant By Joe)
Starring Nicholas Cage and Meg Ryan

Frankly, I was waiting for Hellboy to kill this thing
Let me just start off as saying that I hate Meg Ryan, I like Nicholas Cage (I don't think he's great but I like a couple of his movies).  I saw this movie the other day on HDNet movies, and I thought wow... Meg Ryan, Nicholas Cage... one actor I semi like and one that I absolutely hate, this might level out into a decently crappy movie. Boy-o-boy was I wrong, it was terrible.  Now I've heard of willing suspension of disbelief, and most of the time I'm pretty good at willingly suspending MY disbelief, but just the simple fact that Meg Ryan is a goddamn heart surgeon is just one of the most ridiculous things that I personally have ever heard of, considering the fact that she couldn't get a face left done without it making her look like The Creature from the Black Lagoon. What I did like about it was that Nick Cage was an angel who came to earth to booze and sex it up.  That alone would have made a great movie; but no, Nick has to go and fall in love with eternal airhead Meg Ryan.  You know, I don't even know why I don't like Meg Ryan, in some aspects, she's actually a better actor than Nick Cage, but at least Nick Cage is a badass and not just some dumb bimbo, who shows up to whatever she's paid to do, er Nick Cage is no bimbo. Whatever happened to her?  I don't think I've seen her in a movie since 1998 when this one came out.  Granted I don't ever go out of my way to find and watch Meg Ryan movies, being on account of the fact that I hate her, but I don't recall having seen any commercials for any movies starring, co-starring, or even casting Meg Ryan as an extra in recent years, although that may have something to do with the fact that every time I see a commercial for a movie with the plot of the general genre of movie which Meg Ryan stars in, I tend to change the channel and go back to watching "South Park" or something.  Any way, when I got to the point when Nick kissed Meg for the first time I literally yelled at the TV... "NO NICK!!!!! DON'T DO IT, YOUR RUINING YOUR CAREER, AND YOU COULD TOTALLY GET BETTER THAN THAT NASTY HARLEQUIN, ALSO "WINDTALKERS" WAS AN AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!"  To which my mom, who was upstairs watching, I don't know... ummmm "The Bachelor" or some other awful tripe (by the way, I all-encompassingly hate "The Bachelor", it's the tackiest, cheesiest, and mind numbing show on TV other than maybe "Grey's Anatomy") "JOE SHUT UP, I'M WATCHING WHATEVER GARBAGE I'M WATCHING AND YOU NEED TO KEEP IT DOWN!" (Obviously I paraphrased slightly there on account of me not remembering exactly what she was watching).  To which I responded, "I CAN'T MOM, NICK CAGE JUST RUINED HIS CAREER... 14 YEARS AGO!!!!" Anyway, the point is  that I hate Meg Ryan with a BURNING passion, but I hate this movie more.
Thank you for your time.
Love,
Joe
p.s. (Meg, I hope this doesn't ruin our secret love affair, call me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment